1. Bridget Jones’s Diary/Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason: This fun, light-hearted movie is perfect for a girls night in. I love how relatable Bridget is and I always get a good laugh while watching these. But I have to say that I liked the second one a little better! I have yet to see the third movie, what did you guys think?
2. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: I absolutely love Kate Hudson (such goals!) and she’s amazing in this movie. She plays someone who works in a magazine and gets stuck with writing a piece that requires her to purposely make all the typical relationship mistakes that girls make in order to get a guy to break up with her in 10 days. While it’s a typical chick flick, I think that she and Matthew McConaughey make the perfect duo and I never get tired of re-watching this movie.
3. Clueless: An absolute classic! This is a great go-to movie when you don’t know what to watch. In my opinion, Cher, as well as her outfits, has become a modern day icon.
4. Grace of Monaco: I love this movie because it shows a different perspective on Grace Kelly, not just as the glamorous and elegant actress/princess that she has come to be known for, but also as a smart, independent and strong-headed woman. It made me appreciate and love her even more!
5. Leap Year: While this is still a chick-flick, I thought it had a very different plot line involving a girl who travels to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend which was traditionally done on a leap year. Amy Adams is super funny in this film and I appreciated the setting of the movie showing the Irish country side.
6. Dior and I: The best way to describe this movie is interesting and whimsical. It shows you an inside look into the Dior fashion house and all the work and details that go into making the pieces for a show. It’s the perfect movie for those fashion-lovers.
7. Two Weeks Notice: Again, this is a good rom-com to enjoy on a night in or with your friends. Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant are so perfect together in this movie even thought they seem like an unlikely couple at first. It has some funny moments and is overall pretty likeable.
8. I Give It a Year: While this isn’t your typical romantic comedy (would it be considered the opposite?) because of the surprisingly odd ending, I absolutely love this movie for how funny it is. It’s centered around a couple whose marriage is not working out very well and they both end up meeting different people. Definitely a very interesting and refreshing movie!
9. The First Monday in May: Another great fashion movie that gives an inside look into the industry, this movie follows Anna Wintour and the intricate process behind planning the famous Met Gala and the fashion exhibit, China: Through the Looking Glass.
Let me know what your current favorite movies are!